This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Reviews and approves all course, subject, credit-by and departmental exam proposals (new, change, or discontinue) approved by the subject owning department or department-like entities, and the department owning school or college;
- Reviews course offerings and any processes related to maintaining an accurate course array; and
- Advises the chancellor, provost, deans, or other administrative officers regarding educational policy and planning related to the course and subject array.
Composition of Membership
The UCC membership is defined as follows:
- Two faculty members from each division appointed for three-year terms. The Committee on Committee shall give consideration to appointing members who have recently served on their college or school curriculum committee.
- Four academic staff members with instructional titles appointed for three-year terms. The Academic Staff Nominating Committee shall give consideration to appointing members who teach or have taught more than one different course.
Note: The served terms are staggered so each division has a new member each year.
For more information on the committee and the members, see the Committee Tracker.
Meeting Dates, Materials and Course Deadlines, 2023-2024
Course proposals must be advanced to the UCC by school/college curriculum committees at least two weeks in advance of the meeting date for consideration (the UCC Approver step of workflow). Review by the UCC is only one step in the course approval process. Be mindful of deadlines set by school/college curriculum committee deadlines. Proposals may take up to a year for full approval, so advanced planning is expected.
The University Curriculum meets on Zoom every second and fourth Friday during the academic year from 9am to 11am, with exception to breaks (Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring).
Join Zoom Meeting
Deadlines, if applicable.
|September 8, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 22, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||
|October 13, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 27, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||
|November 10, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||
|December 8, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||
|January 26, 2024||Agenda||Minutes||
|February 9, 2024||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 23, 2024||Agenda||Minutes||
|March 8, 2024||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 12, 2024||Agenda||Minutes||
|April 26, 2024||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 10, 2024||Agenda||Minutes|
Previous Year's Meeting Materials
|September 9, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 23, 2022||Agenda||Minutes||Deadline for course changes effective spring 2023 (1234).|
|October 14, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 28, 2022||Agenda||Minutes||Joint meeting of the UCC and school/college curriculum committee chairs|
|November 11, 2022||Agenda||Minutes||Deadline for new courses effective spring 2023 (1234).|
|December 9, 2022||Agenda||Minutes||Deadline for course changes effective summer 2023 (1236).|
|January 27, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||Deadline for new courses effective summer 2023 (1236).|
|February 10, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 24, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||Deadline for course changes effective fall 2023 (1242).
Requests for obsolete course waivers considered.
|March 10, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 14, 2023||Agenda||Minutes||Deadline for new courses effective fall 2023 (1242).|
|April 28, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 12, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
Older Meeting Materials
Meeting materials are available from the 2011-2012 academic year. If you are interested in these materials, you may contact your school/college academic planner or email firstname.lastname@example.org.